Saturday, 11 June 2011

Reception food

Never really thought about it but the time of day you had your reception, determined what will be served. I mean I knew there was going to be food there but I didn't know when you'd serve what. I just assumed that from 11-2 it would be lunch and after that it would be dinner, but check this:

  • Brunch (typically the most economical option): 10 am to 1 pm. Food served: breakfast. For desert, serve wedding cake.  
  • Lunch: 1 pm to 4 pm. This can either be a sit down lunch or buffet style. Begin with Hors d'oeuvres and cocktails. Food served: chicken, beef, fajitas, salads, etc. Desert - wedding  cake.
  • Hors d'oeuvres: 3 pm to 7 pm. Foods served: fruit and cheese platters, stuffed mushrooms, quiches, chicken or beef skewers, shrimp cocktail, breads, etc. In using this option note on your invitation "please join us for hors d'oeuvres and cocktails" so that guests will know that no dinner will be served. Desert - wedding cake.
  • Classic dinner: 7 pm and onward. Begin with Hors d'oeuvres and cocktails. Classic sit-down dinner with soup or salad and main entree or buffet style (note: most think buffet receptions are less expensive, but it is not always so, because you have no control over how much your guests will eat). Desert - wedding  cake.
 Interesting....

No comments:

Post a Comment