So if there is anything I hate doing-it is talking about money! Alas it must be done right? Let look at the average amount of money people spend in the US on weddings. A grand total of 26, 984. Let's see if I can do better! :)
Let's see here now:
Reception venue = 7,375.86
Catering = 5,232.15-it is very possible the venue includes food or friends will cook.
Engagement ring = Not getting one
Reception band = Friend's DJ equipment
Photographer = 1,750 more or less really I'm trying to go as professional as possible!
Florist/Decor = 1,208.87 not even! Simple but stylish!
Videographer = 889.626 I think I'll just get a friend to do this-not really looking for professional here...
Church = 1,208.87 (this is crazy) so 50 pounds/hr for 4 hrs (max) 200 pounds
Rehersal dinner = 685.290 more or less depending on guests
Wedding gown = 668.356 very likely to be in USD so less
Reception DJ = not necessary
Wedding transportation =405.644 more or less
Wedding cake = 100 if that!
Ceremony musician =Friends
Invitations = 213 if that
Favours =100 tops if I don't use the cake
With the exchange rate at 1.64 USD to the pound the total wedding cost amounts to: 11, 933....Still a lot more than I thought it would be. However at 19, 570 USD it's still a lot lower than the average American wedding which costs 26, 984. Changing the reception venue to somewhere that would charge possibly 5000 pounds would bring the whole proceedings to about 9, 000 pounds-which is still a pretty penny!
Hmm this wedding thing is not going to be cheap or easy at all!
Maybe a destination wedding would be cheaper ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment