I was reading an article on 13 easy ways to decorate the wedding reception and these are my thoughts on their suggestions:
Hang (a Ton of) Paper Lanterns-it's nice when you have a small intimate space to decorate but when the space gets larger it is possible that it just looks crowded?...I do like the idea though and it looks like it would best with a day wedding.
Make a Family Photo Wall- so apparently this is a nice conversation starter (I'd just like to say if you need a conversation starter how are we friends?!) It's a nice idea but I don't think it's for me. To dig these up with the stress of the other wedding things is not my idea of fun.
Create a Seating Board- This is an awesome idea! I've seen many like this but they've just been way to fancy of too laid-back. This of course will go at the entrance of the reception space.
Pick Up Patterned Pillows-worst idea ever! If I happen to have a random lounge area that needs to be spruced up, I'll borrow some cushions from my mom! It seems like a waste of money to buy something that is probably not going to get used after or during the event....i'm just saying....
Coloured Glassware-whilst I do like this idea I feel like it would be a waste and probably a little tacky if not done right. Then there is the chance of them falling and breaking. If they were rented that would be another stress! However, I think I've come across the fact that they have coloured coasters and then the guests could take them as favours! Kinda like that!
Reshape Your Table Numbers-nahhhh! I think we'll just fold a piece of card in half and use a calligrapher the same as below to write the number. It does look fun though.
Use a Table Runner That Pops-This idea is great-black,white and red will always have a special place in my heart but...I don't know how this would work with other colours-gold white and pink? blue, white and silver? green, white and yellow? It is nice and simple though.
Calligraphed Menus-definitely think I might get a student to do this and maybe spray the edges with lace it's not the centre of attention for the evening so I think we'll be fine...I like the way they did this with the lime...
Drape the Ceilings-living here in Honduras has made me lose my passion of draping things. Even event they have at school they bring out the draping fabric. It is nice but I'm bored of it now...a nice chandelier sounds good...
Wrap the Napkins-I think it's just easier to do an origami wrap with the napkin and call it quits-random piece of useless cloth-not digging it!
Use Table Lamp-this looks like it could get expensive. It would work nice for a small wedding and the flowers are optional. It gives me a slight bedroom feel and I would need all the flowers because I don't want to see the cords...which could be a fire hazard but the way.
Make a Chalkboard Backdrop-this is interesting! There are so many ways this can go wrong but it's cheap, easy and unique. Definitely something to think about. It might throw elegant of the window tho and be suitable only for a day wedding...













No comments:
Post a Comment